If you like Banana Muffins or Banana Bread, you will definitely love this! They taste exactly like the 'compressed' version of the banana muffin and banana bread.
These are guilt-free cookies, not-too-sweet and they are nutritious. I especially made this for my son who is losing his front milk teeth. So something chewy is easier for the little one to munch :)
Ingredients: (Yield 37 Small Cookies)
43g Unsalted Butter (softened to room temperature)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
30g Egg White
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
95g Banana (ripe, mashed)
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
|I used Blue Jacket Whole Wheat Flour|
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 heap cup Baby Oats
1/3 cup Raisin
1/4 cup Walnut (chopped)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Use a stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar.
2. Beat in egg white and vanilla extract, follow by mashed banana. The mixture will turn out quite watery at this stage.
3. In a large bowl, sift (A). Add (B) into (A), mix well.
4. Add (A+B) mixture into the butter mixture. Mix with lowest speed (KitchenAid speed 1) until just combined.
5. Scrape the sides.
|The cookie dough should look like this.|
6. Spoon the cookie dough onto a lined baking tray.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 170'C (with fan) for 7 minutes, rotate the tray, continue to bake another 7 minutes or until it's firm.
8. When it's done, remove from the oven. Let the cookies rest on the tray for 8 minutes before transfer to the cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once completely cooled.
Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:
|By Evalyn Siow|