Classic Vanilla Swiss Roll ???????



This swiss roll may looks ordinary to you but it mean a lot to me. 


It was the recipe that I used in my......

~ first time baking swiss roll with my dad 

~ first time baking for 100pax for food tasting  

~ first baking demo



This swiss roll was made using 5 eggs recipe, with extra cream as requested by my boy.


First time baking with my dad ?????~?????

Last week when I was back to my hometown, I visited my dad and as usual, we chat a lot sharing our cooking and baking stories. Yes, my dad is a great home baker! He is 75yo this year. The way he bake is no-recipe method and that's where I learnt to create new recipe. Perhaps I should say I'm lucky to have his gene...and I knew that gene was from my grandma. My grandma was in the generation that she could bake madeleine and cakes using a tin and charcoal. No oven, no electricity required. Alright I think I should stop here else I'll be blogging my grandma stories...

Back to my swiss roll stories, yes, I was so happy that I get to bake with my dad for the first time. He whipped up the meringue with a hand whisk, I did the rest of the work. No worries, my dad has strong muscle power! lol.... The one that we made together, we did it without fresh cream because my parents don't eat cakes with cream. It was filled with his homemade Kaya and I can tell you, it tastes even better than the one with fresh cream! No kaya swiss roll photo was taken on that day because I always leave my phone in my bag when I spending time with my family. 




The naked swiss roll :) 



First time baking for 100 pax for food tasting





I was one of the volunteered baker in SHC anniversary event. Helped to bake some swiss rolls for the food tasting session, with a live demo on the spot. 

These were the rolls that I started to bake on Saturday night 10pm and ended my baking on Sunday at 2:30am. My very first ROLL AROUND THE CLOCK baking, although it's tiring but I enjoyed the process to the max until I forgot how many rolls I have baked! lol...Just baked more to be given out to my son's music school teachers and his friends :) 






First baking demo

I hardly put my 'face' in my blog post...This, probably the first one...


Yes, this is ME - Miki Mak, the author of this blog. I don't look like Winnie the pooh... :P
ME (the first from left) with all the lovely people with passion in baking and cooking. 

This was the swiss roll that I made during the demo, using 4 eggs recipe which is the one that I'm sharing in this blog post. 














Ingredients:


(A)


4 Egg Yolk ?? 4?

33g Oil ? 33?


40ml Fresh Milk ?? 40?

1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract ??? ???

67g Cake Flour ?? 67?






(B)

4 Egg White ?? 4?

80g Castor Sugar ?? 80?
(can be reduced for less sweet swiss roll) 


(C)

Whipped Cream, click here for whipped cream recipe or use topping cream. ???,??



This roll was made using 5 eggs recipe.

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

?????????,????????????????????????????????!



Method:

Preheat oven 180'C. 
????180??

1. In a bowl, mix together egg yolk, oil, milk and vanilla extract. Sift in flour. Mix with a hand whisk to form a smooth paste, do not beat or over-mix the batter. 
???,?,???????????????,????,?????

2. In another mixing bowl, beat egg white until foamy, add in sugar gradually. Beat until stiff and glossy. 
???????,??????????????



3. Fold the meringue into the yolk mixture in 3 batches. 
??????????,???????????????



4. Pour the batter onto a lined baking tray (28cm/ 11" x 35cm/ 14"). Spread the batter evenly. Gently tap 2-3 times on the worktop.  
?????????(??:28cm/ 11" x 35cm/ 14")??????????2-3??






5. Bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Every oven is different, do adjust the baking temperature and time accordingly.
????????,??13-15????????????,?????????????

6. When it's ready, remove from oven, gently tap 2-3 times on the worktop. Place a baking sheet and cooling rack on the cake, flip it over.
????????????,??????2-3?????????????,??????,???????????



7. Remove the baking tray. Carefully remove the baking sheet. Roll up the cake while it's still warm. Here's a short video to show how I roll the cake:
???????????????(????????)







8. Let it cool completely on the rack. 
??????????????





9. When it's completely cooled, unfold the cake. Add whipped cream and roll up again. Keep in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours before serve. 
??????,??????,????,??? 1-2 ??????????????????,??LIKE?????????,???????????
If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!





Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Judy Bakes 


By Jeannie Tay 
By Sue Anne
By Angela Koh

By Eileen Tan


By Katherine Tan
By Katherine Tan
By Shen Cui Ling

By Shen Cui Ling

By Sylvia SH, her first attempt baking swiss roll. 




By Reigne Aniger


Post a Comment for "Classic Vanilla Swiss Roll ???????"