Coconut & Yam Paste Crispy Nian Gao Stick (aka OrNee Nian Gao Stick) ???????



When I ask my 7yo son what he wants for Chinese New Year, he wants me to make Pork Jerky for him.....when my sister ask me the same question, my answer is always the same - Traditional Nian Gao! because that's the only Nian Gao that I like and there's no way I can make my own. Why? ....because the traditional Nian Gao need to steam 8-10 hours to get the nice brown colour, the 8-10 hours steaming would kill my steamers and ME! lol...


Back to my new creation ~ Coconut & Yam Paste Nian Gao Stick ~ was an unplanned experiment. I wanted to make yam paste dessert at first but after pureed the yam, I realised that I did not have shallot to make shallot oil. So I changed my mind to add some flour mixture (based on my last year creation - Baked Purple Sweet Potato Nian Gao Mochi flour ratio to form a thick paste, then coat it on Nian Gao and pan fry. 

Before you continue with this blog, I must tell you, this is not  a foolproof recipe. The thick and sticky yam paste isn't easy to handle. But, trust me, the result is awesome! It turned out heavenly tasty and addictive! The outer crust is crispy and the inner part is chewy. Non greasy because I pan fried it with minimal oil used. This is something you must try if you are a Nian Gao lover like me ;) 

By the way, I must say the oil that I used for pan frying this time, makes a difference too. I used my newly bought Medella Premium Organic Coconut Cooking Oil, which is healthier and I find it not easy to burn, so I can pan fry the nian gao until fully softened without burn. Love this to the max ;)









Ingredients: (Yield 6 - 3inch Nian Gao Stick)
~I must say this is ONE serving, I finished eating all 6 by myself! 



If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

?????????,????????????????????????????????!



80g Steamed Yam (steamed with pandan leaves for 30 minutes) 
?????80?(?????????30??)

3 tbsp Coconut Milk 
??3??

Pinch of Salt
?,??

10g Sugar (optional, omit sugar for less sweet nian gao stick)
? 10?,??????????

15g Rice Flour
??? 15?

23g Glutinous Rice Flour
??? 23?

6 Nian Gao Stick
??6?,?????





Method:

1. Puree the steamed yam with coconut milk.
???????????

2. Add in pinch of salt and sugar if using. Mix well. Add in all the flour, form a thick paste.
???????(????),????????

3. Heat oil in a skillet, coat the nian gao with yam paste, pan fry until golden brown. When the nian gao bubbling out, means it's ready to serve! Enjoy! 
?????,???????,????????????,??!???????,??LIKE?????????,???????????

If you like my recipe, click herefollow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!



Note:


The amount of coconut milk used is based on the moisture of the yam, do adjust accordingly. ???????????





























Post a Comment for "Coconut & Yam Paste Crispy Nian Gao Stick (aka OrNee Nian Gao Stick) ??????? "