A nourishing soup that packed with nutrients, it is especially good for the lungs, improve skin complexion and boost immunity. Make sure to choose the good quality white fungus.
|I am not advertising for Hock Hua, but this is the better quality wild white fungus that I am using. |
No weird or sour taste.
The method that I'm sharing here is pressure cooker method. If you do not have a pressure cooker, just boil and simmer for 2 hours in a conventional pot. If cooking in a slow cooker or double boil, cook for 4 hours.
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1 Black Chicken (skinless)
20g White Fungus (soaked, discard water)
1/2 Coconut Flesh (sliced)
1 slice Ginger
5 Seedless Red Dates
1 tbsp Wolfberries
1 litre Hot Water
Salt (add to taste, optional)
1. Wash the chicken, immerse in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the water.
2. Put all ingredients (except salt) in the pressure cooker. I am using 4.5L WMF Perfect Pro pressure cooker.
3. Close with the cover and set the knob to 1.
4. Use medium heat until the cooking indicator rises to the 1st orange ring.
5. Reduce heat to low and let it cook for 30 minutes.
6. When the cooking is over, turn off the heat. Wait till the indicator (orange ring) go down or turn the knob to lock/unlock to release pressure. When there's no more pressure, open the cover.
7. Add some salt to taste. Repeat step 3 to 5, cook for 15 minutes. Continue with step 6.
8. Serve warm.
If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.