Old Fashioned Onion Rings ??????



Can you believe this was my first attempt deep frying onion rings? 

YES, that's true! I never thought of making it even I have this foolproof recipe that I have kept for years until one day my son told me: Mommy, I want to eat onion rings! 

When he was back from school, he kept telling me how much he likes the onion rings that he ate at school and he wants to eat it everyday. I thought it was a weird request because he never likes onion! Well, being a lovely mom, I went to the market and grabbed 4 huge onions and fried one of it ...




Here's the verdict:

The hubby ~ old picky eater ~ said this was very nice, up to standard ????, he ate this for lunch and want nothing else...

The son ~ little picky eater ~ said 'Mommy, it's not like this, I want the onion ring without onion'

Well, I then found out that the onion rings that his friend shared with him was the junk food named 'Onion Ring' , speechless LOL.... but still happy with my maiden attempt onion rings! 









Ingredients: ??


1 Large Onion ?? 1?

45g All Purpose Flour ?? 45?


(A)

105g Self Raising Flour ??? 105?

65g Corn Flour ??? 65?

1/2 tsp Garlic Powder ?? ???

1/2 tsp Dried Parsley ??? ???

1/4 tsp Salt ? 1/4 ??, ????????????,????????
(Optional, adjust according to your taste. You can omit salt in the batter, sprinkle some fine salt before served)

1 Egg ?? 1 ?

180ml Milk ?? 180?






Bread Crumbs/ Panko, enough to coat ???

Cooking oil for frying ?


Note: I used Medella Premium Organic Coconut Cooking Oil in this recipe. Apart from the neutral flavour and smell, the onion rings turned out more crispy, not oily and it stay crispy for longer. And the best thing that I like is there's no 'oil' smell in the kitchen after cooking. It's definitely a healthier choice as there's no added chemical and additives in this oil. 



If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.


?????????,????????????????????????????????!

Method:

1. Peel and slice the onion into 1/2 inch slices. Do not wash the onion.
???????,???????????????

2. In a bowl, lightly coat the onion rings with all purpose flour, shake off the excess. Set aside.
?????????,???????

3. Add in all (A). Mix until well combined. Do not over mix the batter. Prepare bread crumbs in another bowl. Set aside.

??????????(A)?????????????????????,?????,???




4. Heat oil in a saucepan to 180-190'C. Meanwhile, dip the onion ring in the batter, follow by the bread crumbs. Do it one at a time, shake off the excess.
????,??180-190???????????,???????

5. When the oil is ready, fry the onion rings until golden brown, flip in between to get an even colour.
?????????????????,??LIKE?????????,???????????

6. When it's ready, transfer to a lined tray/ rack, drip off excess oil. Sprinkle some pepper, serve with mayonnaise, ketchup, chili sauce or any of your favourite dipping sauce. 

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. If you already LIKED my page but did not see my recipes on your Facebook News Feed, click here, go to my page:

~ select FOLLOWING (next to LIKED)

~ change the setting to SEE FIRST




Enjoy!



















Post a Comment for "Old Fashioned Onion Rings ??????"