Last night, when my hubby came home, he drank the last bowl of shark-fin melon soup that I cooked in the afternoon. 'Good and flavourful, taste like ???' he said. Yes, never underestimate the 30 minutes high pressure cooking ;)
Ingredients: (Yield 4 servings)
1 thick slice Shark-fin Melon about 600g, peeled and cut into chunks.
2 Carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
1 Chicken Bones (skinless, trim off the fat)
5 Seedless Red Dates
2-3 Dried Scallops (soaked and discard the water)
1 Slice Young Ginger
1 litre Hot Water
Handful of white peppercorn (optional)
Some Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt and white pepper (add to taste, optional)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Wash the chicken bones, immerse in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the water.
2. Put all ingredients (except salt) in the pressure cooker. I am using 4.5L WMF Perfect Pro pressure cooker.
3. Close with the cover and set the knob to 1.
4. Use medium heat until the cooking indicator rises to the 1st orange ring.
5. Reduce heat to low and let it cook for 30 minutes.
6. When the cooking is over, turn off the heat. Wait till the indicator (orange ring) go down or until there's no more pressure, turn the knob to unlock.
7. The soup is ready by now.
8. Add some salt to taste and close with the cover, let the remaining heat dissolve the salt and serve later (add a dash of white pepper before serve, omit this if white peppercorn is added). If you like it more flavourful, after added salt, repeat step 3-5 cook with low heat for 5 minutes.
9. I normally cook soup before I pick my son from school. After cooked, I'll add some salt and let the soup sit in the pressure cooker, serve after 2-3 hours. There's no need to reheat as the soup is warm even after 4 hours. If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE and FOLLOW my page to receive more recipe updates. Enjoy!