Cookbook watch - the winner of "Hela Sverige Bakar" 2016

bok

"Hela Sverige Bakar" is basically the same format as "The Great British Bake-Off", and is a very entertaining show about great home bakers getting to show their skills. I don't watch every episode, but I've watched several this past season and it came as no surprise to me that Shireen Selfelt was crowned the winner. She's very talented and dedicated, and seems to have a great sense of style.

So, I was pretty excited to receive her book - "Baka som en stj�rna". (Which means "Bake like a star".) It's a very approachable book for the somewhat daring baker - there are some basic things like blondies, nutella cookies or cold-risen breakfast buns, as well as more complicated delicacies like pavlovas, macarons and a gorgeous meringue roll cake with strawberries. Indeed, there's a whole chapter on meringue - my favorite. I haven't yet tried anything, but I'm hoping to get to it very soon!

Post a Comment for "Cookbook watch - the winner of "Hela Sverige Bakar" 2016"