Ever since I started baking baguette, I never buy baguettes from stores. Using Blue Jacket Baguette Flour makes baguette baking an easy task for me. Previously I baked charcoal baguette and plain baguette, this time I have tried something new.... Green Tea Baguette! Look at the colour, so lovely isn't it? :)
|It taste really good! I can eat it plain, just like this...|
|My 7yo son likes it with cheese and baby spinach. |
This is the only way to make my son eat RAW spinach :D
|I normally toast the baguette before serve but this time, my 7yo prepared breakfast. |
The little chef said no need to toast because it's already taste so good! :D
Ingredients: Yield 4 medium baguette
500g Blue Jacket Baguette Flour
1 tsp Salt
100g Castor Sugar
1.5 tsp Instant Yeast
370g Water (adjust accordingly)
2 tsp Green Tea Powder (for baking)
3 tbsp Oil
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. In a stand mixer, mix all dry ingredients. (Kitchenaid speed 1)
2. Mix in water (Speed 1). Knead for 25 minutes (Speed 2). Gradually add in oil. Knead another 5 minutes until the dough is glossy and elastic.
3. Cover with cling wrap. Let it proof for 60 minutes or doubled in size.
4. Transfer to a floured work top. The dough is very sticky, make sure to use generous amount of flour to handle the dough.
5. Divide dough into 4 portions. Shape the dough into baguette. Place on a lined baking tray. I don't have baguette tray, so I used aluminium foil to divide the baguette.
6. Cover with cling wrap. Let it proof for 30minutes.
7. Bake in a preheated oven 200'C for 20 minutes. When it's ready, transfer to the rack to cool. Slice and enjoy! If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.