The recipe that I'm sharing in this blog post is pressure cooker method. If you do not have a pressure cooker, click here to read the method using normal pot.
Ingredients: (Yield 4 servings)
300g Pork Ribs
270g Lotus Root
160g Arrow Roots
1 Dried Cuttlefish (washed, soak in hot water for 15 minutes, discard water)
5 Red Seedless Dates
3 Dried Oyster
1 Fig (US large fig)
1 litre Hot Water
Some Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt (add to taste, optional)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Wash the pork ribs, immerse in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the water.
2. Put all ingredients (except salt) in the pressure cooker. I am using 4.5L WMF Perfect Pro pressure cooker.
3. Close with the cover and set the knob to 2.
4. Use medium heat until the cooking indicator rises to the 2nd orange ring.
5. Reduce heat to low and let it cook for 30 minutes.
6. When the cooking is over, turn off the heat. Wait till the indicator (orange ring) go down or turn the knob to lock/ unlock to release pressure. When there's no more pressure, unlock and open the cover. The soup is ready by now.
7. Optional: Add salt to taste, if using. Repeat step 3 - step 5, cook for 10 minutes.
8. Repeat step 6 or just leave it covered and serve later. The remaining heat will further enhance the flavour of the soup. If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.