This is another nutritious soup that I like. Sweet in taste and it's good for cooling the body heat and detoxifying. Best to drink on a scorching hot day like this.
The recipe that I'm sharing here is cooked in WMF Perfect Pro Pressure Cooker. If you do not have a pressure cooker, you can cook this in a conventional pot. Just bring it to boil, then simmer for 2 hours.
Ingredients: (Yield 4 servings)
300g Pork Ribs
1 Organic Sweet Corn
200g Fresh Sugarcane
1 Dried Cuttlefish (washed, soak in hot water for 15 minutes, discard water)
5 Red Seedless Dates
1 litre Hot Water
Some Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt (add to taste, optional)
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. Wash the pork ribs, immerse in hot boiling water for 5 minutes. Discard the water.
2. Put all ingredients (except salt) in the pressure cooker. I am using 4.5L WMF Perfect Pro pressure cooker.
3. Close with the cover and set the knob to 2.
4. Use medium heat until the cooking indicator rises to the 2nd orange ring.
5. Reduce heat to low and let it cook for 30 minutes.
6. When the cooking is over, turn off the heat. Wait till the indicator (orange ring) go down or turn the knob to lock/ unlock to release pressure. When there's no more pressure, unlock and open the cover. The soup is ready by now.
7. Optional: Add salt to taste, if using. Repeat step 3 - step 5, cook for 10 minutes.
8. Repeat step 6 or just leave it covered and serve later. The remaining heat will further enhance the flavour of the soup. If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed.