Mashed Banana Fritters aka Jemput-Jemput Pisang/ Kueh Kodok ?QQ???



Mashed Banana Fritters aka Jemput-jemput Pisang or Kueh Kodok was my school times favourite snacks sold at the Malay stalls. The traditional recipe uses just plain flour, banana, sugar, baking powder and salt. The texture is more solid, dense and crumbly. 


I like the traditional one when I was younger. Now I'm no longer a teenager with such good metabolism, eating such heavy food will last me whole day that I can't enjoy other food. Sad right? So I would prefer less oily and lighter food. Craving for this deep fried fritters but don't want heavy food? I must think out-of-the-box and do my food experiment again!




This recipe that I have invented and sharing in this blog post is especially customised for myself. Uses the mixture of 3 kinds of flour - Self Raising Flour, Rice Flour and Glutinous Rice Flour, yield puffy fritters, crispy from the outside and chewy in the inside. And most importantly, these fritters are not oily at all. I am so delighted to have created this awesome recipe and it's definitely the one that I'll be keeping and using again and again. 





Love the crispiness of this puffy banana fritters and it's chewy texture in the inside. 


Ingredients: 


1 Ripe Banana (peeled and mashed) ????? 1 ?(???)

1 tbsp Sugar  ? 1??

Pinch of Salt ? ??

20g/ 2tbsp Self Raising Flour  20? ???

10g/ 1tbsp Rice Flour 10? ???

*10g/ 1tbsp Glutinous Rice Flour 10? ???

Some oil for frying ?



Note: If you like it less chewy, replace *glutinous rice flour with self raising flour.


I use Medella Organic Coconut Oil in this recipe. 


If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

?????????,????????????????????????????????!



Method:

1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. 
??????????

2. Heat up oil in a saucepan to 160-170'C. Scoop the batter and carefully pour into the hot oil. 
???,?????????????

3. Deep fry until golden brown. Enjoy!
?????????????????,??LIKE?????????,???????????

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!


Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Lee Carmen



Post a Comment for "Mashed Banana Fritters aka Jemput-Jemput Pisang/ Kueh Kodok ?QQ???"